Thursday, August 18, 2005

News on the March

Note: Again, for soccer blog readers, my soccer post for today can be found below.

In the news:

"I'm mad at Coach Snoop. He was so cool; he told me to play my heart out and to play everything I've got. But now I just want to ask him, why did he take all our players?" [I think this is pretty self-explanatory]

I better knock that heroin addiction, quick!

Confirms what we've known all along: Fox News is biased and really, it doesn't matter.

An American safari? This group of scientists seems to think it'd be a great idea.

The correct response to this article: Does anyone still give a shit?

National Geographic goes photoless. Meanwhile, my parents cancel their nearly thirty year subscription.

Sri Lankan government in talks with Tamil Tigers.

This last one is noteworthy, because several months ago I read War, Evil, and the End of History by Frenchman Bernard Henri-Levy, wherein there is a fascinating tale of brainwashing and manipulation concerning the Tamil Tigers. The book's sort of a big, fat, existentialist mess, but some of the anecdotes that Henri-Levy provides are fascinating, and the story described is one of the highlights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home